Carpal Tunnel Surgery at Glenelg Orthopaedics
Wrist, Patient Information
At Glenelg Orthopaedics we are specialists in hand wrist and upper limb surgery and as such have a great deal of experience in treating patients with carpal tunnel syndrome.
Our results have been audited with a 98% success and satisfaction rate.
Our preferred approach is through a small incision with an open technique as we believe that this is a safer way of producing a good release of the median nerve which is entrapped in carpal tunnel.
For More Information
- Using this technique it can also be done under local anaesthetic with the patient “wide awake and no tourniquet technique” which has the advantage of being a very safe way of proceeding without the side effects of sedative drugs and associated nausea.
- It also allows for a short time in hospital and does not require an anaesthetist.
- For those patients who are self-funded without insurance the out of pocket cost is under $2000.
- For those patients who have private health insurance with cover equivalent to that provided by BUPA there is no out of pocket expense, with the exception of any hospital excess that may be part of that individual’s policy, ie there is no gap.
- For those patients who would prefer a sedative so that they are drowsy and so that they do not recall the procedure, this can also be undertaken in the same way but with the use of sedation.
- Surgery can be provided at Ashford Hospital or Glenelg Community Hospital and waiting periods are minimal.
For more information, please contact us at Glenelg Orthopaedics. Tel:-+61883769988